Corpus Christi Health Insurance Features Medicaid For Low Income After Change

Rick Thornton, a health insurance agent in Corpus Christi, says decision, which only applies to the Medicaid expansion population that gained coverage under the ACA, will face significant hurdles.

Corpus Christi, United States - February 15, 2020 /PressCable/ —

Corpus Christi Health Insurance was given new guidelines last month that will allow states to accept a limited amount of money from the government to cover poor people in exchange for flexibility in spending the funds. The move comes directly from the President and is being viewed as a prime example of concerted efforts aimed at not only undermining the Affordable Care Act but leading to its eventual demise.

More information can be found at http://insurance4dallas.com/corpus-chrisit-health-insurance-agent

The administration is referring to the program as “Healthy Adult Opportunity,” and it is a sweeping change from the current model of health insurance in Corpus Christi. Currently, the government matches a majority of what states pay for Medicaid annually. The latest change calls to give states a specific amount of money each year instead. The plan applies only to the Medicaid expansion population that gained coverage under the ACA, and the goal is to limit spending on Medicaid, which pays for healthcare for the poor and others who are vulnerable. States would also be allowed to ask patients to try cheaper versions of prescription drugs before more expensive versions. According to the Washington Examiner, states that participate in the program will need to regularly report back to the federal government to show how beneficiaries are doing. They would not be allowed to limit Medicaid enrollment but would have to stick to the Obamacare income rules.

Rick Thornton, a Corpus Christi health insurance agent was quick to echo what everyone is already saying, which is that this new program will face significant hurdles and possible legal action in the ongoing healthcare debate. Critics suggest that the current administration is trying to slash American healthcare, and in so doing, states may incur hidden costs. States that wish to participate would need to apply and go through an approval process with the federal government.

Insurance4Dallas, (I4D), helps insure all of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Arizona, Louisiana, New Mexico, Alabama, Virginia and Florida. Insurance4Dallas provides consumers with detailed information on health insurance with the ability to purchase health insurance online. Insurance4Dallas provides a full spectrum of health, dental, vision, life and ancillary insurance products, providing a diverse selection of price and benefit options complemented by personal customer service. Available via phone, email or fax, Insurance4Dallas answers consumer questions throughout the purchasing process and during the utilization of its health insurance policies.

Contact Info:
Name: Rick Thornton
Email: Send Email
Organization: Insurance4Dallas
Address: 14493 South Padre Island Drive Suite A #5017, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418, United States
Phone: +1-512-410-4535
Website: http://insurance4dallas.com/corpus-chrisit-health-insurance-agent

Source: PressCable

Release ID: 88946894

More News From weeklyfame.com

China says US has 'weaponized' visas to target exchanges

Feb 24, 2020

BEIJING — China on Wednesday accused the U.S. of having "weaponized" the issuance of visas following the reported inability of a top Chinese space program official to obtain permission to travel to a key conference in Washington. Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters that the head of the Chinese delegation to the International Astronautical Congress wasn't able to obtain a visa following an Oct. 12 interview, making it difficult for Chinese representatives to attend important events at the meeting. Reports said the vice chairman of the China National Space Administration, Wu Yanhua, had planned to attend the congress. Hua...

The Latest: British PM questions Thomas Cook bosses' pay

Feb 24, 2020

LONDON — The Latest on the collapse of British tour company Thomas Cook (all times local): 6 p.m. Prime Minister Boris Johnson says a "huge effort" is underway to bring home British tourists and passengers stranded by the sudden financial collapse of travel company Thomas Cook. He adds Monday that steps needed to be taken so "you don't end up with a situation where the taxpayer, where the state is having to step in and bring people home." Johnson asks "whether it's right that the directors and the board should pay themselves large sums when a company can go down...

Tour company Thomas Cook collapses, global bookings canceled

Feb 24, 2020

LONDON — Longtime British tour company Thomas Cook collapsed after failing to secure rescue funding, and travel bookings for its more than 600,000 global vacationers were canceled early Monday. The British government said the return of the firm's 150,000 British customers now abroad would be the largest repatriation in its peacetime history. The process began Monday and officials warned that delays are inevitable. The Civil Aviation Authority said Thomas Cook has ceased trading, its four airlines will be grounded, and its 21,000 employees in 16 countries, including 9,000 in the UK, will lose their jobs. The company several months ago...

Fate of travel firm Thomas Cook up in the air after talks

Feb 24, 2020

LONDON — More than 600,000 vacationers who booked through tour operator Thomas Cook were on edge Sunday, wondering if they will be able to get home, as one of the world's oldest and biggest travel companies teetered on the edge of collapse. The debt-laden company, which confirmed Friday it was seeking 200 million pounds ($250 million) in funding to avoid going bust, was in talks with shareholders and creditors to stave off failure. A collapse could leave around 150,000 travelers from Britain stranded, along with hundreds of thousands from other countries. The company has sought to reassure customers that flights...

Bermuda lashed by heavy winds from Cat 3 Hurricane Humberto

Feb 24, 2020

MIAMI — Hurricane Humberto lashed Bermuda with strong winds Wednesday night as the powerful Category 3 storm passed just to the north of the British Atlantic territory, while another growing storm threatened tourist resorts along Mexico's Pacific coast. Bermuda Gov. John Rankin called up 120 members of the Royal Bermuda Regiment to prepare for possible storm recovery efforts and National Security Minister Wayne Caines cautioned everyone to stay inside. Authorities had ordered early closings of schools, clinics and government offices. The U.S. National Hurricane Center said hurricane-force winds began to hit the island of some 70,000 people by late afternoon...

Weekly Fame seeks to provide purposeful news to help improve and be a better self through daily life, fashion, accommodations, and traveling.

Contact us: sales@weeklyfame.com